Saphir's Medaille d'Or Mirror Gloss Wax Polish contains a higher concentration of hard waxes in order to more effortlessly produce a high-gloss, mirror finish. The formulation is based on a mixture of montan, carnauba, and beeswax, in addition of other proprietary waxes kept secret by Saphir.
Perfectly balanced with natural turpentine solvent, the Mirror Gloss polish produces quick results that are far superior to other, ordinary polishes.
- Specifically formulated to produce high-gloss, mirror finishes
- Proprietary formulation of hard waxes, including montan, carnauba, and beeswax
- Available in Black and Neutral
- Should only be used for glazing and not total care
- We recommend using with our high-shine chamois / BISHU cloth
- Made in France
For best results, first prepare the leather using Saphir Pommadier Shoe Cream and/or Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax Polish. Can achieve high-gloss polish in as few as four coats. Should only be used on hard shoe surfaces that do not flex in order to prevent cracking.
- First prepare the leather by cleaning with Saphir Pommadier Cream Polish
- Apply a thin coat of the Mirror Gloss Wax Polish using our BISHU Textile Polishing Cloth or Chamois Polishing Cloth
- Allow the wax to drive for several minutes
- Apply one drop (literally) of water to the surface of the shoe, then buff the wax to a shine using small, circular motions. Use the same high-shine chamois used to apply the wax polish
- Apply successive small coats of wax polish (less is more) and buff. As the wax finish builds, so will the brilliance of the mirror shine
Polishing Notes: Because of the very high concentration of hard waxes, the polish applies very dry. It is necessary to use slightly more water than one would normally and to apply slightly more pressure in buffing. In contrast, the Mirror Gloss is slightly more fool-proof and certainly more efficiently produces a mirror shine.